Here are some of the latest news stories from various sources:
- ESPN.com reports that the Cardinals are getting closer to a deal with Matt Holliday. The deal could be a seven-year deal.
- Wang’s agent told 1050 ESPN
that he has heard from 15 teams who are interested in Wang. The Yankees
were one of them, while the Mets were not. No other teams were
- The Red Sox have made an offer for third baseman, Adrian Beltre, according to ESPN.com. Other teams are also interest including the Angels, Athletics and Orioles.
- Buster Olney tweets that the Athletics have pulled their offer off the table for Adrian Beltre.
- According to SNY, Jason Bay has passed his physical and is officially a New York Met, to be announced tomorrow.
- An AP source tells NBCSports.com that Bay’s deal with the Mets will have a $17M option for 2014.
- Mike Axisa of River Avenue Blues says that the Yankees should go after the A’s, Travis Buck, to play the outfield.
- The NY Post reports that David Cone will not be returning to the YES Network. Tino Martinez is a possible replacement.
- 7:40 p.m. SI.com has learned that the Red Sox are now close to a deal with Adrian Beltre. The deal is believed to be at least two-years with an opt-out option after this season.
- 9:19 p.m. Peter Gammons says via Twitter that the Red Sox have agreed to a one-year deal worth $9M, with a player option for $5M. 9:31 p.m. FOXSports.com confirms.
- 9:25 p.m. Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com tweets about a possible trade that would send Luis Castillo to the Red Sox, and Mike Lowell to the Mets. The deal would work out for the Red Sox with Beltre coming, and with Castillo gone, the Mets could go after Orlando Hudson.
- 9:29 p.m. Chad Jennings of The Journal News reports that the Indians have signed Shelly Duncan.